Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's not your desicision.

Every freaking day some moron tries to pass a ban on something that they see as indecent. Those assholes need to quit trying to make other people's decisions. For example, gays getting married is a common subject these days. Some think it's an "abomination" and others see it as a personal decision to get married and non of our business.
I don't care if gays make you grossed out, I don't care if it makes you sad. It isn't your right to stop people's rights in order to feel comfortable. How much of a selfish prick must one be to refuse someone the right to be with their love in union with one another, just so you can feel less grossed out?
It isn't just gays that get the decency police on the rile, suicide is also a touchy subject. I feel sad just thinking about the topic, yet I would never take another's right to choose this personal decision away. I like allot of us, have empathy for those in such pain, yet if the person wants to do something to themselves that doesn't endanger others, it is their will. We still would have the right to talk them out of it, but if it is their wish we should honor it.
Why would you feel you have the authority to stop someone from doing something that harms no one else? What if I banned your fat ass from burgers because I feel you are making unhealthy choices and it's for your own good? Or if I made sex illegal out of procreational means? or if I banned sienfeld because he creeps me out?
I dont do that because those are your decisions you dumbass!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your overall idea. Personal liberty is a great thing. It's even better when it's combined with responsibility, because the two go hand in hand. What I wanted to comment on were a few topics in your blog, though. I usually don't have the forum to speak about this, but I guess I'll use your blog for my own purposes. We'll start with the subject of gays. Being gay is a decision. The reason this is true is because the things that make one a homosexual are the acts of sexual activity between members of the same gender. Of course we have a decision on whether or not we engage in such activity. From a religious or spiritual aspect, the idea is morally wrong because you're indulging in something that consumes your life and pushes you further away from God(drugs, alcohol, money, gambling, any sort of vice that makes you lust it, in place of God is usually frowned upon by Him). It is no different than a heterosexual that is promiscuous. Homosexual activity should not be illegal because human beings should have the freedom amongst one another to make their own decisions, however I believe it to be immoral due to my belief in God and the fact that he does not appreciate when I involve myself in things that he has advised me otherwise on. When talking about marriage, we have to remember what marriage is. It is a union between a man and a woman becoming one through God. I wouldn't gather that a homosexual person would be interested in marriage because they do not fancy members of the opposite gender. Now, there are many reasons, however that homosexuals fight for their "right" to marry and it usually has to do with tax breaks and anything that falls into that category. This is an entirely different subject because we really shouldn't have taxes,(outside of local things that make civilization run, police, fire, etc.) therefore we shouldn't need tax breaks which would then make homosexuals not as eager to try to be "equal".