Sunday, March 9, 2008

I think I need to repost this as I saw some things that were the subject of this

Art

Art is a staple in society. Art influences the masses. Art is important for our way of life.

One who can create an emotion in nearly all people who view their work is an artist. The more the message is cleverly woven into the work, the greater the artist. An artist is not just someone who can paint a great picture, or write flowing poetry, or produces popular music. Art involves the giving a message to the masses. Art is rhetoric. Art is a description of man's shared interpretation of our universe. Art can be love but also hate, it all depends on the work itself.
I previously stated I disdain the new fad called "modern art" that has been vomiting it's way into the art scene for some time. When I say modern art I'm talking the random configuration of cool looking pictures and sculptures. I'm talking about the thing that so many of us seem to replace true art with. I'm talking about, bad art.
I don't seem to find any emotional recognition with this so called "Art". I don't really feel anything imparticular at all for that matter. All I see is a chick with a spoon, or a duck on a purple banana. Neither of these make me ponder or realize anything. All I took from my experiences with these horrible pictures is that I should enjoy real art. I should gaze in awe to the panic I see in Michelangelo's paintings in the Sistine chapel. I should burn the picture with a chick and a spoon.
This crap art with unimportant messages, or none at all, is stealing the tool we used before words. We used art, either by picture or performance to survive. Art was a tool that we would have respected as much as we should respect our language.

modern art.... GO FUCK YOURSELF

and same to all the pricks who think they are Indie for taking strange pictures on digital cameras and then saying it's art. no it isn't..... It's a chick holding a fucking spoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saying all modern art is crap is pretty dumb. You may not like it but there is art out there that is good and modern. expecially with all the issues in the world today inspiring artist. I would have expected more from you, you really are thinking "INSIDE" the box.