Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dr. Seuss

After seeing the movie Horton Hears a Who, I began remembering all the messages I was told as a child from mister Seuss.

The first book I must mention would be The 500 hats of bartholomew Cubbins. This book was the book that taught me that beheading is an OK subject to talk about to children. The second book I would like to talk about is the Foot Book, or as I call it, why I'm not racist. The Foot Book is actually the book that taught me not to judge others. Yes, you heard me, The Foot Book. I learned that everyone has different feet, but we are all the same in that we have feet. It is corny but true.
While we are talking about life lessons, why not speak of the book called, "Horton Hatches an Egg"? This book, the first featuring Horton, taught me to stick to my promises and I too, may hatch a bird-elephant mutant. Because remember, I said what I meant and I meant what I said, and an elephant is faithful one-hundred percent. I also learned to be responsible because I may one day be in charge of the love child of an avion-elephant love triangle.
What about the Cat and the Hat you ask? Well thats when i learned to let strange overweight hairy men go wild in my home while my Mom is not home while I hallucinate my fish can talk and reason. Or how about Green Eggs and Ham? This story taught me to never waste perfectly good food just because it is contaminated with some sort of green fungus. I also learned peer pressure is just a good persons way of showing a great discovery to people!

No comments: