Monday, March 24, 2008

Dear Jesus!

Leave it to the Christ huggers in the band Black Sabbath to argue for religion. In the song
"After Forever" Ozzy goes to pose the question,"Could it be that your afraid of what your friend might say if they knew that you believe in God above? Should they realize before the criticize that God is the only way to love?" I find this not only out of place in Black Sabbath lyrics, but also rather intelligent. This song does not promote religion, it simply says that saying you are an atheist when you are not, is wrong.
I see a lot of folks these days that have some type of nonsense belief in "God". Why I say it is nonsense is because these types of beliefs are usually based from the believers own desires, not logical observation or any divine revelation. Yet, it is not these people that irritate me. The true problems lie within the "non-believers". There are so many poor saps in the atheist movement who would also be gullible enough to fall for religion, if they weren't too stupid to pay attention that is. My Agnosticism stems from some deep thinking, research, and logical observations. I don't choose my faith because I know my odds of being right are 1 and everything else, not because I think the idea of a sentient creator is stupid, which it isn't, but believing in it very well can be.

No comments: