Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A leap Of Faith

As I said before I view all religion now as pretty much the biggest leap of faith I've ever encountered. Some are absolutely certain that the creator was perfect and yet he took 6 freaking days to make Earth. Some believe that they will become gods when they die and rule a planet. Some even think that they know for sure that no god exists.
I would like to state again that I am an Agnostic and no, an agnostic is NOT someone who doesnt care. They just used logic to find that they have no evidence pointing to anything and therefore have not made assumptions. But while I used some logic in my "belief" or lack thereof, most just go with what "seems" right to them. That's not logic thats just a comforting thought. Thats like me thinking that "gee I am going to believe that Oreo's aren't fattening and they are made out of love"I would be an idiot to think that because I just made a very unlikely claim and provided no evidence thought the burden of the proof was mine. The only problem is, we can prove Oreo's aren't made out of love, But we can't disprove any belief in God so far as I have learned. Therefor Athiests, also make the assumption of what is out there without any evidence, and no matter how likely they will be right, they are still being illogical.

Let me give a better example as to why making random guesses about God is futile. Imagine being in a jury to a crime, and no information of the crime is given not even the type of crime commited. Now also imagine that no lawyers are present nor any witnesses and the only evidence you have is multiple stories,each very different and outlandish, and all these stories were written by other jury members. Now you would be a moron to just pick a story and guess its right, for one has no idea whether or not any of these stories are true or even if a crime was even commited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

religion has been around since the age of man and reason, there is absolutely no possible way to prove many things that occur in the world.

To question God, is obviously easy to do, since the only proof is written word and you cannot believe everything you read.

but you can argue that religion has done immense things for society and humanity. It has been a source of compassion, faith and it unites people from all over with one thing in common; the act of living a fruitful, yet modest life and then achieving some type of heaven. Whether you agree with religion or not, it makes up a lot of the way people are today and it is the basis of what most people find as the meaning of life. It makes up the moral fabric of human thought, and even though I often question my faith, I feel as though not everything needs to be explained. not everything needs to be questioned because if you look at all the bad things in the world, you can blame them on man, but the good things are so good that you have to believe a God planned out our Earth and gave us freewill, and since we are not perfect of course no matter what we do we're going to fuck it up. That may be pessimistic but I guess for me it's true.