Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Who took the Christ out of Christianity?

As an agnostic I am able to look at religion from the outside. But, when I learn that a group of people called Christians not teaching (or learning about) Christianity, I begin to wonder. If you were to ask a Christian about the Bible, they would probably either say it is a literal historical document, or that it is a metaphorical guide to our lives. But few know more than a few stories from the Bible. But Why? Why would you skip reading a book you believe was written by GOD and will guide you through life? Why would you choose to believe that God won't mind your laziness? It is not that it's to long, as it is about two Harry Potters long.


I'm the first to admit I haven't read the whole Bible, but I have read a lot and I am disturbed by what I saw in many parts and moved by others. The Bible is a horrid guide on morality in the old testament(E.G argumentative children shall be KILLED). The Gospels however are what shaped my views on morality. Jesus teaches that to EVER resist ANY evil is a sin. This involves: being mugged,being MURDERED,being cheated, etc. Yet how many so called "Christians" were and still are for the war? or how about those pro lifers who are resisting the evil of abortion? or how about our "Christian" friends who believe in the death penalty?

All those fools are doing is disobeying the one they call God. Now it may be more clear why I have renounced my faith. And if you are a Christian....READ THE @#$DAMN BIBLE!!!!

No comments: